Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Best $10 I Ever Spent

Ok, so let me appropriately set the scene... I consider myself to be quite the ice cream connoisseur. I make it and I eat it (and I mean a lot of it). And I had seen the very seductive and intriguing Jeni's Ice Cream featured on many of my favorite blogs (read: Cupcakes and Cashmere) and was anxious to try it out for myself. I stalked my local Whole Foods and found out they had a mere two pints left. Being the OCD maniac that I am, I feared it would both be gone if I didn't get there within the next ten minutes.. so naturally, I did just that.

{don't you just loooooove the hand-written label?!}
I raced to the frozen foods aisle to find the two pints, in two different flavors, staring at me from behind the frosted glass. There was Queen City Cayenne and Ugandan Vanilla Bean. Now, some may call me boring, but I'll take vanilla over chocolate any day, and I figured it'd be a good base to try the product out with. When I got to the register and saw the price of my single pint, I practically ran out of the store. I mean who charges $10 for a pint of ice cream?!

{naturally, I couldn't even wait to photograph it before I dug my grubby little paws in there}
But, after getting home and eagerly shoving a spoonful in my mouth, I can without a doubt say this ice cream is the best $10 I've ever spent. It was rich and creamy and the flavor was delicious and sooooo not one-dimensional as some vanilla ice cream can be. Long story short, I recommend this stuff 100% and can't wait to try new flavors! It would also make a fantastic gift! They have a retail locator on their website and you can also order it online!

{so.. is it a problem that I've been eating ice cream for breakfast lunch and dinner? good, I didn't think so either}

yours truly, 
grace

1 comments:

  1. I am so going to order this! (it is probably much tastier, and surely much more efficient than the ice cream that I make in a water bottle while watching dance moms...)

    ReplyDelete